***** Unclassified//For Official Use Only *****
Privacy and Security Notice
- The Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS) is provided as a Navy-wide service by the Assistant Chief of Naval Operations for Information Technology (ACNO-IT).
- Information presented on NFAAS is considered FOUO information and may not be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- Personal information on this system is protected under the Privacy Act Office of The U.S Department of The Navy.
The authority for the collection of this information is listed in the Department of Defense Privacy Act Systems of Record Notice DPR 39 DOD dated 24 March 2010.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5240.1 (reference(p)).
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to email@example.com.
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Navy of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although the U.S. Navy may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for Department of Defense information, it does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Commander, Navy Installations Command
716 Sicard Street SE
Washington, DC 20374-5140
CNIC | US Navy Recruiting | No Fear Act | FOIA | USA.gov | US Navy | US Marine Corps | Navy Reserves | Individual Augmentee | Section 508/Accessibility | Suicide Prevention